Friday, April 29, 2005

Bloggers4Oman Review 4

Blog Review 17 - umqusai (Arabian Princess)

Umqusai started up http://umqusai.blogspot.com/ as a collection of her thoughts and stories, vowing from the start not to flood her site with internet junk mail.

A patriotic and respectable married lady holding passionately to her Muslim and Arab identity with a proud dignity that shines through writings and thoughts. You get the sense of a person that has succeeded in separating the dream world & fantasies from the reality she is living, despite choosing to remain the anonymous Arabian Princess indefinitely.


From: http://umqusai.blogspot.com/

Title: When I die ...


The hadith that says that only three things would benefit you when you did really makes me worried .. what did I do till now to benefit me if I died, lets say tom.?One of the things that I wanna do is a knowledge that would be useful for future generation. I want to write something, that would be influential .. something that would make my thawab run forever!!Inshallah .. Inshallah .. Inshallah I will!! This is the hadith:


‏قوله صلى الله عليه وسلم : إذا مات الإنسان انقطع عمله إلا من ثلاثة إلا من صدقة جارية أو علم ينتفع به أو ولد صالح يدعو له
posted by Arabian Princess @ 5:27 PM Sunday, March 13, 2005

The early writings of Umqusai over the past 6 months of blogging are in Arabic and the later mostly in English. She touches deeply into her personal thoughts, poems and sayings. In fact she named her blog on Addiction to Olives a “light post”. An indication of how intense and well thought of most of her blogs are especially in Arabic.

In her own words: “I am not a person who hates life or something, its just that I like life to be taken seriously. If we kept on joking we are not going to reach anywhere … posted by Arabian Princess @
12:51 PM Friday, April 01, 2005. Regardless of her serious take on life, she seems to lead her life with a smile…. This blog will bring many pleasant smiles to your face as well..



Blog Review 16 - Blue-chi


Law & Music is the title of this blog http://blue-chi.blogspot.com/ started up by Blue-Chi, a 21 year old Law student. It's very accurately described as "The legal diary of a music fan". In his own words he started this weblog "to concentrate on certain aspects of my studies as well as use it to write several misc thoughts, reviews, and news regarding various topics"
posted by Blue Chi at 7:47 PM Wednesday, February 16, 2005



An original blog that is very well written with Blue Chi's personal opinion, as opposed to "cut&paste" articles. It also provides a good introduction to certain aspects of law for the novice and curious.


From: http://blue-chi.blogspot.com/

Title: Criminal Law - Defenses - intoxication

There are two forms of intoxication; involuntary intoxication (where D is unaware that he has consumed an intoxicant) and voluntary intoxication (where D knowingly consumed an intoxicant, even if he is unaware of its level).

Involuntary intoxication is usually a defense, while voluntary intoxication is only a defense for offences that require specific intent (as opposed to offences requiring basic intent). The distinction between specific and basic intent is hard to understand and seems at many instances arbitrary due to the desire of the court to not let 'drinkers' get away with their irresponsible actions. It is claimed that more serious offences require specific intent, while less serious offences require only basic intent, but is manslaughter a 'less-serious-offence'?!!
posted by Blue Chi at 11:09 PM Monday, February 21, 2005


Phew...! My heads spinning...!

In other words, if you're going to prison for being a drunkard, don't even attempt to defend your self or even understand why you're guilty, as the court can arbitrarily put you away at their whim...!

Blue Chi is also an excellant IT/graphic expert, yet he's chosen not to showcase his expertise at this blog. Maybe http://blue-chi.blogspot.com/ will evolve into "Law, Music & Graphics" in the future.



Blog Review 15 - Mawali / Love Your Mind (LYM)


Lym's blog @ http://mawali.blogspot.com/ currently covers the early undergraduate stages of this very interesting female Omani student living away from home. Lym provides an insight into her life at home with her loving family, the tribulations of exams&lectures, the movies&music that take up a lot of her time, her feelings on good&sad messages from home, regular close encounters with a strangers babies, life at the gym etc etc .... You get a complete and wonderful flavour of the student life of this social and open minded independent young lady.


From: http://mawali.blogspot.com/

Title: Guess who ?

Yesterday, I left my physics exam smiling mindlessly because I never made up so much bullshit. Einstein would turn in his grave, if he knew that I twisted the laws of physics according to my own 'assumptions'. LolHow Ironic? The teacher assumed I did well, because I was smiling.If he only knew …


Guess Who? The movie

Lol, I can pretend all I want, that I am an independent strong woman with an attitude, but I cannot lie to myself and deny that I am ‘gay’ and romantic at heart.When ‘Simon Green’ was romancing his fiancé, I found myself oohhhing and ahhhhhhhing the whole time. And my cousin would look at me oddly and smile. posted by Lym at 1:10 AM Friday, April 15, 2005


Despite being an "ex-nerd" (by her own admission) and an A+ student at High School, she could very well end up with a degree in Janitorian law from a Mickey Mouse College back in Oman, especially if she over does her fun and flunks her exams (very unlikely of course).

Lym in essence is very strongly independent, fun loving romantic at heart and a genius in the making at the “cross-road” of discovering her true self and potential.

With another 5 years to go in Australia, if Lym keeps blogging @ http://mawali.blogspot.com/, we're set for a roller-coaster of a ride.... My favorite blog to date for its clarity and accuracy in depicting an Omani students life abroad.

No comments: