Thursday, April 07, 2005

Bloggers4Oman Review 3

Blog Review 12 - A Woman in black


A Woman in black and friend of Oman @ http://onewomaninblack.blogspot.com/ is a new blog truly worth following. With only one month since its conception, you still get a fascinating insight into the life and times of this 20 something year old revert to Islam from the southern US, who has relocated to a beautiful country in the Arabian Gulf.

This blog covers some of the culture shock of everyday life in the ME for an Amreekiya Maskeena and the adjustment needed for her relocation. She truly is a black sheep with the best of 2 worlds and Insha'Allah a reward for embrassing both in the hearafter. Witty and informative. Let's hope she doesn't delete this blog at a later date as she did her previous journal when aged 17.


From: http://onewomaninblack.blogspot.com/
Title: An Orphan with OCD


Save Water !!!!

My husband drives me crazy sometimes ! He splashes about 5 gallons of water all around the bathroom, even leaving drops all over the just "windexed" mirror thats over the sink while making wudu (making ablution,or washing, before prayer).

I'm always telling him "Ohhhhhhh that's not good, you shouldn't use so much water to make wudu.....just enough to make it (wudu) correctly without wasting.... I think there is a hadith about that....."
posted by A. Woman in black @ 3/30/2005 09:21:00 AM



Blog Review 13 - art4nabs (NaBHaN)

http://art4nabs.blogspot.com/ is an extremely well designed blog that reflects the graphic artwork and creative mind of a gifted artist, NaBHaN Abdullatif. An Omani student currently in Jordan who expresses himself better and fully through his art. His Surreal artwork, which is on display with an example on how it's developed, sets him apart from other Omani bloggers.

In his own words, NaBHaN said: u never know the whole truth about a design till you understand his circumstances and surrounding. ...posted by NaBHaN @ 5:29 AM Friday, March 25, 2005.
So don't bother understanding just enjoy it.

From: http://art4nabs.blogspot.com/
Title: I think i'm going crazy!

.. But recently I started developing this habit of analyzing everything graphically! I see a book and I start looking at the fonts used, the colors, the arrangement of the graphics on it..and if I don't like what I see I just get turned off and forget about it. Same goes to drinks , food and everything else out there. The other day I was buying washing powder from the market, and I think I spent around 15 minutes just looking at which one looked better graphically.

Even when I walk down the street I start analyzing stuff around me graphically and wondering how everything would look if it was done using graphic software.
..posted by NaBHaN @ 3:04 PM Monday, April 04, 2005


Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a genius of an artist coming of age. Miss updates to this blog at your peril!



Blog Review 14 - Kazablanka

The daily ramblings at Kazablanka's blog http://kazablanka.blogspot.com/ stopped me in my tracks for a second and forced me to consider if I should be reading personal blogs without a persons permission, let alone giving my unwanted review.... This full of life and popular blogger gives an insight into the life of 21 year old Arab girl (non-Omani living in Oman) under pressure from her parents to get married, whilst still beaming with the prospect of doing so much more in life. A well liked blogger with both a fun outlook on life and a very enthusiastic group of web friends and admirers.


From: http://kazablanka.blogspot.com/ /
Title: Blog Whore

My goal in life had become to have my blog viewed 1000 times. .. ok so now that my goal in life has been achieved, what do I do now?? I feel so lost. I need another goal in life.

My brother has resorted to calling me a Blog Whore. I take offense to that. Not because of what a whore implies, but because I don't get paid like one.
posted by Kazablanka @ 12:08 PM Monday, April 04, 2005


Maybe she should hold back on some of her statements just a little bit, then again that probably just wouldn't be Kaza.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow..thank you so much for the lovely review. I never came accross this blog till today...and I must say really excellent work u've done here.

god bless.

Lym said...

i did not come across this blog before . It is a good idea.

well , I am an Omani student studying Law in Australia , this is my address :

http://mawali.blogspot.com

Good going :)

calkoon said...

You're welcome Nadhan, glad you liked the brief review.

lym, I was already going to include you in the next review, I just haven't had time...

take care :)

Toxic_Honey said...

its a really nice blog
loved it so much
i felt so happy to see my blog address in there ,... thx:)

keep it up